OK, I don’t know if being a public intellectual necessitates a cameo in a film (a la McLuhan), but it sure is cool. Cornel West (sans glasses) whom I find to be one of the most engaging writers and speakers in academia, is also a member of the council in Matrix Reloaded. I’m surprised they didn’t take cuts off of his rap album for the soundtrack.
- RT @bronwynjo: #IR14 2 weeks left to apply for doctoral colloquium at #AoIR Denver conference ir14.aoir.org/doctoral-collo… Was great last year #p… 1 day ago
- Limitations: the sample consisted of my friends and friends of my friends, which may not be representative of the population at large. 2 days ago
- Best high school education ever: submarine design and construction, read.bi/10Wd87a 2 days ago
- This year's candidates for #AoIR Executive Committee: bit.ly/14tRZF4 4 days ago
- A $7K MOOCed MS in CS from GeorgiaTech. I might just do that... omscs.gatech.edu 1 week ago