This is one of those “not dead yet” posts. Not dead, perhaps, but trying desperately to catch up from the trip. Had some other demands on my time, in addition to jet lag and nearly two weeks “away,” and so I am more than just pressed for time, I have officially blown out deadlines on the following:
* A review for a journal
* A book proposal
* A cleaned up draft of one of the papers from the conference
* A cleaned up draft of the other paper from the conference
* Email out for the “Trusted Wikipedia” project (which needs a new name)
* Grading (of course!)
* Lectures (of course!)
* A short article on teaching big classes using blogs
* Email out to my undergraduate advisees about setting up appointments
* Reading my last MA student from Buffalo’s thesis draft
* Report and documentation of the AoIR membership system
* Getting the papers moved over from the conference to an archive
* Organizing web working group for AoIR
* Getting together my expense records from the trip
And I’m sure a dozen other things promised and not delivered. Please feel free to comment here and berate me if I owe you something and haven’t gotten it to you. And this doesn’t even mention impending deadlines for things like the International Communications Association paper.
And I’m coming down with a cold (of course). And I pulled my back playing with the dog weeks ago and it still hurts. And I have no radio in my car, because I haven’t had time to put a new one in, so my drive feels like even more wasted time. And that, dear readers, is why I’m not blogging.
I’ll be back!